Key links for pharmaceutical companies:
By implanting more than 300 patient tumor samples into more than 3,000 mice, AntiCancer PDOX is established as a leader in translational research. Our studies have demonstrated that disease progression and subsequent metastasis in mice mimics the clinical progression in humans.
PDOX models are proven to be more clinically relevant than PDX.
We provide the world’s only orthotopic models utilizing Surgical Orthotopic Implantation. Only PDOX models metastasize similar to clinical cancer. In PDOX models, the primary tumor develops in the organ corresponding to its origin and metastasizes to mimic the complexity of tumor behavior in patients. PDOX models are therefore the most clinically relevant for drug discovery and evaluation.
PDOX’s multiple simultaneous implants increases the accuracy of therapy and reduces the time to treat aggressive tumors. This provides a significant, sustainable competitive advantage over existing mouse models.
We have more than 30 years’ experience in pre-clinical drug development. To date, we have led more than 600 drug discovery trials. More than 500 outcomes have been published in peer-reviewed scientific journals. The model is proven and we continue to innovate.
PDOX provides expanded opportunities over traditional PDX and CDX models.
- Allows the evaluation of anti-metastatic effects of agents, given the propensity of orthotopically implanted tumors to metastasize.
- Less susceptible to false positives and false negatives than subcutaneous implanted tumors.
- Delivers the ability to survey a wide variety of tumor types to confirm Responder ID hypotheses.
- Shown to maintain genetic fidelity from patient material through several passages.
The PDOX offer for translational oncology.
Immortalized tumors are in cryo-preservation and available for translational research. We will test your drug on the industry’s most clinically relevant PDX model. Our models include:
- True metastatic mouse models of cancer for drug discovery and evaluation.
- GFP imaging of metastatic mouse models of cancer. Includes subcellular resolution in vivo. By far the most powerful small-animal imaging technology.
- AngioMouse® color-coded imaging mouse models of angiogenesis for drug discovery and evaluation.
- StromaMouse® color-coded imaging mouse models of tumor-stroma interactions.
With our PDOXs, you can perform next-generation studies, including:
- Drug screening for efficacy against PDOXs of multiple cancer types
- Drug sensitivity
Typical PDOX study endpoints
- Tumor size reduction and regression (data are available in real-time with imaging, with
resolution of a single cancer cell in vivo)
- Tumor growth delay or regression
- Decrease or elimination of metastasis (data are available with real-time imaging)
- Drug effects on host as well as tumors
- Increase in overall survival and disease-free survival
- Changes in biomarkers
- Tumor histology
- Tumor immunohistochemistry.