Position: Director, Business Development
Reports to: CEO
Territory: Southern California
– Selling the AntiCancer PDOX precision medicine solution to Pharma, Biotech, Oncologists, Patients and Academic Research accounts.
– Direct responsibility for scientific and technical sales of AntiCancer PDOX platform.
– Act a the primary steward of AntiCancer PDOX in the region.
– Meet and exceed bookings target.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Grow and expand AntiCancer PDOX in the region through an intimate understanding of customer needs matched with the appropriate product solution.
– Demonstrate the value of the AntiCancer PDOX solution.
– Responsible for managing to a quarterly bookings number.
– Manage time and activity to maximize face-to-face customer interactions and close business.
– Develop a detailed territory plan by understanding the key drug development needs of each clinical target.
– Develop a pipeline of opportunities.
– Generate SoWs and close studies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
– Knowledge and understanding of the preclinical and clinical drug development process.
– Knowledge of cancer genotypes and tumor characterizations.
– Excellent scientific communications and inter-personal skills.
– Demonstrated ability to interpret and communicate scientific data to internal and external colleagues.
– The ability to network and negotiate effectively.
– The ability to work effectively and productively in a team-oriented environment.
– The ability to maintain a strong sense of integrity and confidentiality.
– Comfortable with a start-up company mentality, where performance truly matters.
– Goal oriented, organized and detailed oriented.
– Highly motivated self-starter who knows how to get things done.
– Superior planning, organizational, computer, written and verbal communication skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
– Bachelor’s Degree in biotechnology, pharmacology, chemistry or biology
– 3-5 years of industry experience in drug development or clinical trial management.
– Minimum 3 years experience in scientific or technical selling.
– Job description subject to change.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
– Must be able to travel to multiple cities in the region for customer meetings, trade shows, etc.
– Must be able to sit for long periods of time on a computer.
– Competitive compensation and benefits.
– Committed team environment.
– Daily interaction with the world’s leading experts in cancer research and treatment
If you are interested in this position please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for employment consideration.